COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Gallagher’s Canyon Golf Club Open for Play!
We are happy to announce that the Golf Course is OPEN for golf with an updated set of guidelines and protocols:
- Members, Guests, Game Pack holders and Public welcome.
- Members may book through online balloting, WebRES, and phone-in.
- General Public phone in only: pls see "Booking Procedures" below for more info
As a business operator our priority is the well being and safety of our Members, Guests and Employees during this viral outbreak. Until this is behind us, we can expect many conversations and changing procedures. We continue to monitor the evolving global, federal and provincial public health situation around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and commit to follow the latest directions provided to us by the relevant authorities. There are no limits as to the precautions that can be taken, however, with the information available we will endeavor to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.
Gallagher’s Canyon Golf Club is taking certain measures to help prevent the possible spread of the virus. To support the efforts of the individual, we have implemented certain strategies at this property that include:
- The Clubhouse will be closed at this time other than the use of washrooms which are located through the golf shop. Staff will limit the number of guests and control the flow in and out. Check-in and other service options will be provided by the golf shop team through a slide-up window behind the championship first tee box. Follow the signage upon arrival. Payment can be made through tap technology which has been increased to $250.
- The Practice Putting Greens will be closed.
- The north end (located by kiosk) of the Practice Facility is open for warm up prior to tee off. We encourage members and passholders to use the far end for lengthier practice sessions.
- Tee Times will be expanded to provide distance between groups.
- No rental clubs or demo clubs.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all Club areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles.
- Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic, communal areas e.g. entrance to clubhouse, exit from washrooms.
- Removing self-service food and beverage stations.
- Training employees on safety and sanitary precautions and protocols.
- Adding educational signage reminding all golfers and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
- Removing non-essential items around the Golf Course and Clubhouse that can be handled by multiple persons.
- Limiting non-essential vendor and supplier visits.
- Encouraging nods or waves instead of handshakes.
- Enforcing Physical distancing. Stay a minimum of 2 meters/6ft apart at all times.
It is imperative that Members and our Guests abide by the protocols below as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behavior so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
Any players without symptoms of COVID-19 are currently welcome to play golf if they adhere to the following protocols:
- PRIORITY 1 - Practice physical distancing. Always stay a minimum of 2 meters or 6 feet apart. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Members book online or phone only...General Public book by phone only, reducing contacts in and around the Clubhouse – this allows us to make sure every player receives the latest information regarding protocols while at the facility.
- Change shoes in the parking lot and respect the closed areas of the Clubhouse.
- All players will be required to handle their own clubs from arrival to departure.
- Meet on the first tee observing distancing guidelines with modified greetings, nods and waves [No handshakes or high fives etc.]
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up.
- Consider carrying your own hand sanitizer and use frequently while at the facility
- Public drinking fountains and ball cleaners have either been removed or closed for use, please bring your own towel.
- Leave the flag in place while putting as holes have pool noodles added for easy retrieval of balls. Encourage 2-foot gimmes and continuous putting when on greens.
- Rakes have been removed. Smooth out the sand in the bunker with a club or your foot to the best of your ability.
- No handshakes on 18th green and do not hand over money!
- Once the round is finished, please exit the facility promptly and travel home safely.
- Insist on physical distancing using the minimum 2 meter/6ft rule on tees, greens and while walking down the fairways and throughout the round. Maintain physical distancing at ALL times while at our property.
- Please always follow signage and protocols provided to you by any of our employees.
- Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, or at high risk: do not enter any part of the golf facility. If you are unsure please use the self assessment tool provided free online or through the BC Support App. Also do not enter any part of the facility if you are: from a household with someone with any symptoms of COVID-19; self-isolating as a result of contact with an infected person or in families who are self-isolating; or have traveled outside of Canada or the province within the last 14 days (or residing with someone who has). Please stay home for now, and we look forward to seeing you at a later date.
Booking Procedures & Services
- General Public Bookings can be made over the phone by calling 250-861-4240, up to 3 days in advance. Game pack holders may book 4 days in advance. A limited number of public play tee times may be booked further in advance.
- At this time online bookings are not available to the General Public until further notice. Members are able to access online balloting and WebRES.
- Single walk-on tee times are only available to members at this time. Public must book for twosomes, threesomes, or foursomes.
- Food & Beverage offerings on-course will begin May 1st. (reminder, no outside alcohol is permitted on the property, including the parking lot, as per government regulations!). Takeout food service is available beginning April 23rd between 5pm and 9pm Thursday through Sunday. Call (250) 861-4290 after 1pm to order takeout food.
- Designated washrooms are available on course as well as in clubhouse.
- It is imperative that our Guests abide by the above protocols as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behaviour so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
The Restaurant is open for dine-in service as of Tuesday, May 26. Please read below to understand what you can expect when you come to dine with us at The Canyon Bar & Grill
- The Canyon Bar & Grill will be operating at no more than 50% of our capacity in order to ensure the safety of our guests and team members
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at the bar and implemented extra cleaning and sanitizing protocols for your safety
- Reservations are recommended, you can call 250-861-4290 to make a reservation. Reservations will be held for 15 minutes. If you have not shown up within the 15-minute window your table will be given to guests waiting
- When you arrive, please follow social distancing rules and markers and please stay 6 ft away from all other guests that are not in your group
- Please do not enter the restaurant until you have been indicated to and wait for a server to seat you at a cleaned and sanitized table
- There is a max group size of 6 guests. Please be advised, most tables are set for 4
- Please do not move tables and chairs around as they have been set in a way to ensure the proper distancing protocols are met
- We ask that our guests do not approach the bar to order for dine-in service, please wait for your server to approach your table and take your order. Bar service will be limited to take-out service and concession sales for the golf course
- One individual in each group will be asked to provide their name and an email address or phone number so that we can provide contact tracing in accordance with government protocols
- There are a number of hand sanitizer stations placed around the restaurant and at the entrance for your safety
- Washrooms are limited to 1 guest at a time and will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized every hour
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized in between guests
- Servers will provide a water jug at each table and ask the guests to refill their own water glasses
- At this time we are unable to provide full wine service or tastings
- We will provide one time use condiments for ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper
- In order to keep our servers safe, they will avoid reaching around guests to place or clear dishes. Food dishes and beverages will be placed on one corner of the tables for guests to pass to each other and for clearing
- While we know it has been awhile since many of you have been able to sit and visit with your friends in a restaurant setting and while in the Canyon Bar & Grill you may see many other friends you haven’t been able to catch up with. We ask that you do not approach other tables and mingle/visit with other groups so that we can ensure the safety and proper social distancing of all our guests and team members.