COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
As a business operator, our priority is the well being and safety of our Members, Guests and Employees during this viral outbreak. Until this is behind us, we can expect many conversations and changing procedures. We continue to monitor the evolving global, federal and provincial public health situation around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and commit to follow the latest directions provided to us by the relevant authorities. There are no limits as to the precautions that can be taken, however, with the information available we will endeavor to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.
[Updated July 28, 2021]
Following today's Special Edition COVID-19 Bulletin from the Province, the following restrictions will be mandatory in the Central Okanagan starting July 29th, 2021:
- Mandatory masks in indoor public spaces. Patrons must wear masks unless seated.
- Masked are encouraged to be worn outdoors if you are unable to physically distance.
[Updated July 8, 2021]
Following the June 30th accouncement from the provincial government that the province is entering Phase 3 of the BC Restart Plan, some updates should be noted for our golf course:
- No socializing between tables at our restaurants
- Maintain physical distance in designated areas (look for floor signs)
- Tables of 8 are the maximum (limited options available) in the restaurant
Mayfair Lakes is taking certain measures to help prevent the possible spread of the virus. To support the efforts of the individual, we have implemented certain strategies at this property that include:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all Club areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles.
- Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic, communal areas e.g. entrance to clubhouse, exit from washrooms.
- Training employees on safety and sanitary precautions and protocols.
- Adding educational signage reminding all golfers and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
It is imperative that Members and our Guests abide by the protocols below as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behavior so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
- If you are feeling unwell in any way, please do not come to our facility.
- Please do not visit if you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Public drinking fountains and ball cleaners have either been removed or closed for use, please bring your own towel.
- Rakes have been removed. Smooth out the sand in the bunker with a club or your foot to the best of your ability.
- Please always follow signage and protocols provided to you by any of our employees.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at the bar and implemented extra cleaning and sanitizing protocols for your safety.
- When you arrive, please follow social distancing rules and please stay 6 ft away from all other guests that are not in your group.
- Please do not enter the restaurant until you have been indicated to and wait for a server to seat you at a cleaned and sanitized table.
- Please do not move tables and chairs around as they have been set in a way to ensure the proper distancing protocols are met.
- There are a number of hand sanitizer stations placed around the restaurant and at the entrance for your safety.
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized in between guests.
It is imperative that our Guests abide by the above protocols as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behaviour so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.