COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Gallagher’s Canyon and The Pinnacle are now CLOSED for the season.
We will revisit all golf course health and safety protocols in advance of re-opening for the 2021 season, and will be updating this page accordingly at that time.
The Canyon Bar & Grill remains open for dinner, Thursdays through Saturdays, utnil Christmas, under a set of guidelines and protocols.
The Restaurant is open for dine-in service. Please read below to understand what you can expect when you come to dine with us at The Canyon Bar & Grill
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at the bar and implemented extra cleaning and sanitizing protocols for your safety.
- Reservations are recommended, by booking online or by phone at 250.861.4290. Reservations will be held for 15 minutes. If you have not shown up within the 15-minute window, your table will be given to guests waiting.
- Masks are now mandatory in all indoor public settings. You may remove your mask once seated at your table, however access to the Canyon Bar & Grill will not be permitted without masks. Masks are required when walking through the restaurant, including arriving and leaving and walking to the washrooms.
- When you arrive, please follow social distancing rules and please stay 6 ft away from all other guests that are not in your group.
- Please do not enter the restaurant until you have been indicated to and wait for a server to seat you at a cleaned and sanitized table.
- There is a max group size of 6 guests.
- Please do not move tables and chairs around as they have been set in a way to ensure the proper distancing protocols are met.
- We ask that our guests do not approach the bar to order for dine-in service, please wait for your server to approach your table and take your order. Bar service will be limited to take-out service and concession sales for the golf course.
- One individual in each group will be asked to provide their name and an email address or phone number so that we can provide contact tracing in accordance with government protocols.
- There are a number of hand sanitizer stations placed around the restaurant and at the entrance for your safety.
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized in between guests.
- Servers will provide a water jug at each table and ask the guests to refill their own water glasses.
- At this time we are unable to provide full wine service or tastings.
- In order to keep our servers safe, they will avoid reaching around guests to place or clear dishes. Food dishes and beverages will be placed on one corner of the tables for guests to pass to each other and for clearing.
- While we know it has been a while since many of you have been able to sit and visit with your friends in a restaurant setting and while in the Canyon Bar & Grill you may see many other friends you haven’t been able to catch up with. We ask that you do not approach other tables and mingle/visit with other groups so that we can ensure the safety and proper social distancing of all our guests and team members.
Gallagher’s Canyon Golf Club is taking certain measures to help prevent the possible spread of the virus. To support the efforts of the individual, we have implemented certain strategies at this property in addition to the department specific guidelines listed above:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all Club areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles.
- Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic, communal areas e.g. entrance to clubhouse, exit from washrooms.
- Removing self-service food and beverage stations.
- Training employees on safety and sanitary precautions and protocols.
- Adding educational signage reminding all golfers and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
- Removing non-essential items around the Golf Course and Clubhouse that can be handled by multiple persons.
- Limiting non-essential vendor and supplier visits.
- Encouraging nods or waves instead of handshakes.
- Enforcing Physical distancing. Stay a minimum of 2 meters/6ft apart at all times.
It is imperative that Members and our Guests abide by the protocols below as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behavior so we can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
Any member/guest without symptoms of COVID-19 are currently welcome if they adhere to the following protocols:
- PRIORITY 1 - Practice physical distancing. Always stay a minimum of 2 meters or 6 feet apart. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Please always follow signage and protocols provided to you by any of our employees.
- Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, or at high risk: do not enter any part of the clubhouse/restaurant. If you are unsure please use the self assessment tool provided free online or through the BC Support App. Also do not enter any part of the facility if you are: from a household with someone with any symptoms of COVID-19; self-isolating as a result of contact with an infected person or in families who are self-isolating; or have traveled outside of Canada or the province within the last 14 days (or residing with someone who has). Please stay home for now, and we look forward to seeing you at a later date.
As a business operator our priority is the well being and safety of our Members, Guests and Employees during this viral outbreak. Until this is behind us, we can expect many conversations and changing procedures. We continue to monitor the evolving global, federal and provincial public health situation around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and commit to follow the latest directions provided to us by the relevant authorities. There are no limits as to the precautions that can be taken, however, with the information available we will endeavor to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.