Gallagher's Canyon Golf and Country Club
Gallagher's Canyon and The Pinnacle are OPEN NOW for the 2021 season.
Step up to Gallagher’s Canyon, an elevated golf experience.
Designed by the talented architectural team of Bill Robinson and Les Furber, The Canyon Course offers 6,802 yards that play past cheering throngs of Ponderosa pines and route in and around a steep canyon. The ninth tee presents one of the best views of the day: of a stream winding through the canyon bottom way below. And you may need some luck, as three par fives cluster around the turn between holes nine and twelve. From the back tees they all stretch to more than 500 yards. Gallagher’s closing holes present vertical poplar and pine tree hazards to challenge the route to the final greens. Liquid rewards await on the clubhouse deck.
George Orwell might have loved our 9-hole Pinnacle Course, a par 32 design that stretches to 1,984 yards. Built to the same exacting standards as its “big brother,” the clever Pinnacle layout should prove more welcoming to less experienced players. It also constitutes an ideal practice course and provides the perfect venue for settling matches not decided on the Canyon Course.
Rules of Golf Changes
At the beginning of 2019, the rules of golf have changed, with the intention of making the game of golf easier. Please review these changes per the Gallagher's Canyon Handicap Committee and Club Management.
- You have the option of putting with the flagstick in or out.
- Search time for a ball has been reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.
- You MUST drop the ball from knee height.
- You may take a drop from an unplayable lie in a bunker. One stroke penalty if you drop in the bunker. Two stroke penalty of you drop the ball outside the bunker ( must be on the line to the pin).
- No penalty if your ball hits you or your equipment.
- No penalty for a double hit.
- No penalty if you accidentally move your ball during a search. Replace as close as you can to the original spot.
- You may remove any loose objects in a bunker.No penalty
- You may remove any loose objects in a penalty area (red staked). No penalty.
- Any embedded ball may be lifted and dropped any where on the course (except in a bunker). No penalty.
- You may ground your club in a penalty area. No penalty.
- You may touch the water when addressing your ball in a water hazard.
- You can repair any damage on the green.No penalty
- You may touch the sand in a bunker except when playing a shot. No penalty.
- Most of these rule changes are intended to speed up play. Let's play Ready Golf this year and try to speed up our play.
Local Rules, Canyon Course (Golf Canada Rules govern all play)
A ball which crosses a public or residential road defined as Out of Bounds and comes to rest beyond that road is Out of Bounds, even though it may lie on another part of the golf course.
The ravine located to the left of #3 is not a Penalty Area, if a player deems his or her ball to be unplayable, Rule 19.2 applies (Ball Unplayable) The player also has the option of taking a 1 Stroke Penalty and using the BALL DROP AREA
Artificially surfaced paths only, as well as graveled areas bordering those paths, are deemed areas where free relief is given. Stance and 1 club length at the nearest point no closer to the hole may be taken.
Natural service or maintenance roads are in play. No free relief will be given from these areas.
Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions. Rule 19.2 applies.
Ball Drop Area: located on hole #3 only.
Out-of-Bounds - defined by all property boundary fences surrounding the course; white stakes and residential roads.
Red Stakes - mark penalty areas, including the area left on #4 and ponds on #9, #16 and #17.
The rock lined creek bed to the right of #2 fairway is not a Penalty Area. If a player deems his or her ball to be unplayable, Rule 19.2 applies (Ball Unplayable)
There are irrigation pipes in the bushes to the right of #17 green. Free relief to be taken if the pipes interfere with your swing.
To keep golf at Gallagher's Canyon a pleasurable experience for all we ask you to please follow these rules:
- Please replace divots, repair ball marks on greens and rake sand traps.
- Pull carts and power carts are not permitted on tees or beyond lines marked in front of greens. All traffic in and around greens should follow cart paths or other designated routes.
- Proper golf attire should be worn at all times.
- Please try to keep up to the group ahead of you. Slower players must allow faster players to play through.